Thursday, August 2, 2012

Feather Falls July 31st

Feather Falls!!

Tuesday I finally got to go on my long awaited return to Feather Falls in Oroville! Several of my friends and I at work had been talking about making a trip up there and it finally came together! It is about a two hour drive from Sacramento. On top of the two hour drive it is about a 9 mile hike to the waterfall. Most people hike to the overlook to see the waterfall which is great! We also decided to hike to the top of the waterfall so we could sit on the edge and look down. Also on the top there are pools you can swim in but the water is so cold!

The entrance to the Feather Falls trail. 



 One of the many small waterfalls you encounter while hiking to the falls.


 The Feather River taken from the top of the waterfall.
 Swimming holes at the top of the falls.:)
 Standing over the edge looking down. Pretty freaky to look down over 400 feet.

 Zach standing about the waterfall looking down.
 Feather falls from the lookout.




This picture is from my first trip to feather falls back in 2009. I was really sad when I went this time because the ladybugs weren't there this time. They completely cover the bridge at times and it is such an amazing sight! The bridge that they are normally on was smashed because a tree fell on it.:( Maybe next time!?

No comments:

Post a Comment