Friday, August 3, 2012

Mare Island

For a project in my photography class I had to do an homage to a photographer that interested me. The artist I got for my project did a series of work where he focused on graffiti in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. I thought long and hard what I might be able to do and came up with going to Mare Island, an old abandoned naval base near Vallejo. I had heard about the naval base being a great place to go to take pictures. It was so great! It looked like parts of it hadn't been touched in years. All of the buildings were boarded up and I had to crawl through a small hole to get inside the buildings. 

From the top of an old hotel like building looking down.







I have heard this is a great building to photograph. However I couldn't find a way inside so no pictures:(.

1 comment: